About The Company
We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Well Equipment Inspector
Employment Type: Full-time
- Guarantees the HSE by ensuring the safety critical items, such as lifting equipment or pressure containment equipment etc, is fit for purpose and adheres to companies’ standards.
- Guarantee the storage, inspection, testing and preparation of completion/subsea/drilling tools in line with company procedures. Ensures the equipment is made ready on time for rig operations. Any anomalies are highlight at the earliest opportunity and remedial actions are put in place and verified. (Costs ranging from $100k – $20M per operation).
- Directly responsible for between 4 to 15 service contractor personnel depending on ongoing workshop operations.
- Through a continual improvement of equipment, services and operational procedures directly contribute to the DCD cost savings.
- Ensure that all Company owned equipment for Deepwater operations is received and put into storage in line with approved QA/QC procedures.
- Acts as the focal point for onshore preparation of equipment. (Covering completion, drilling, interventions, subsea etc.).
- For equipment preparation, ensures that the equipment is tested, managed and stored in line with approved processes, procedures and relevant Company rules.
- Ensures that equipment returned from the rig is inspected and returned to stock in line with approved standard, QA/QC procedures and industry best practices.
- Participates, and witnesses, any failure investigations ensuring the investigation process is accurately followed by service companies.
- Participates in third party pre-Service meetings and toolbox talks for workshop operations.
- Witnesses System Integration tests as required for operations.
- Monitors and follows up all local fabrications, ensuring that the fabrication and subsequent testing are in line with industry standards and relevant Company rules.
- Provides financial oversight and accountability for equipment, personnel and processes during the Service preparation phase -accountable for up to £5M operational spend for deep-water completion operation.
- Regularly acts as interface focal point between DCD teams and other third party on shore personal.
- Inspects and ensures accurate reporting of QAQC and HSE critical documentation.
- Ensures operational and logistic planning is met by prioritizing equipment preparations.
- Assist in the annual (or semi-annual) audit of all Drilling and Completion sub-contractors.
- Drives a LEAN and continuous improvement culture and communicates appropriately with the workshop teams.
- Captures and communicates lessons learned with onshore, service company and other stakeholders
- Follows up and closes out any highlighted improvement actions.
- Ensures debriefs and lessons learned are passed on to service company workshop personal (continual improvement philosophy).
- Participating in HAZIDS/HAZOPS and onshore risk assessments
- Participating in contractor site / process technical and safety audits
Context and Environment:
- OML 130 – TEPNG Deepwater
Equipment preparation for:
- Interventions for completion operations.
- Well test.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to TEPNG’s HSE Policy.
- Maintains awareness of and ensures compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards.
- Actively participates in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes and ensures the role out to contractors under his responsibility.
- Ensures continuous reporting of safety and environmental concerns/incidents.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
Years of Experience:
- 5 – 15 years completion-related experience.
Application Closing Date
8th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.