About The Company
MainOne continues to invest significantly in bringing the benefits of digital transformation across West Africa. With the influx of private capital coupled with a huge working population, the continent is increasingly empowered to drive growth and development.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NOC Support Engineer (Bilingual)
Job Type: Permanent
NOC support engineer will be responsible for proactive monitoring of Transmission and IP devices across MainOne’s network through the support of Network monitoring systems, perform first line troubleshooting/fault isolation, resolve was necessary and escalate to other levels for support in line with MainOne’s internal processes:
- Monitor Main One’s network providing specific update, status and performance of all network components, capacity services etc.
- Identify and provide at least first line support on all faults on the Main One network in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedure for fault escalation and management
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all Main One’s NOC processes and procedures
- Ensure proper technical documentation of all network events throughout normal/shift cycle or operations.
- Answer all network support related telephone calls and interface with internal/external customers on operational issues and related network events, using Main One’s standard operating procedures.
- Run daily and weekly management reports on network events and activities as well as tracking escalations and other key performance indicators and ensure all customer SLAs are met
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc / HND Electrical / Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
- 2-3 years’ experience in the configuration, operations and maintenance of optical fiber SDH and wireless network equipment.
- Ability to speak French as a second Language is a major advantage
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Knowledge of Synchronous Digital Hierarchy technology
- Strong Knowledge of DWDM/OTN technology
- Strong knowledge of PtP/PtMP Microwave technologies
- Knowledge of basic TCP/IP configurations and troubleshooting
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to use OTDR, E-Analyzer, SDH Analyzer, power meter and other signal testing tools/instruments
- Working Knowledge of Huawei OSN series equipment.
- Working knowledge of Ubiquiti or Ceragon radio.
- Working knowledge of IP devices will be a plus.
Demands of the Job
- Will be ready to work on 24 X 7 base depending on the shift roaster to man the network surveillance tools.
- Also, should be ready to travel to support other MainOne Operations in Africa and beyond.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online