Job Title: Team Lead, Compliance Onboarding, and KYC
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
As Team Lead, Compliance Onboarding & KYC you will be working under the leadership of the Jumia Group Head of Sanctions to help protect the company from being involved with individuals or entities associated with financial crime.
- Conduct reviews of sanctions watchlist alerts generated by the automated transaction filtering and client screening systems, manual reports or internal referrals. Document investigation steps performed and documented the rationale for decisions.
- Liaise with relevant teams to refine automated sanctions screening risk methodology, reduce false positive, mitigate sanctions risks and improve customer experience.
- Follow operational procedures on sanctions alert handling, including document the decision rationale.
- Escalate potential sanctions issues or suspicious activity to the Head of Sanctions.
- Review and investigate PEP screening alerts utilizing the client screening system, internal Customer Due
- Diligence systems and third-party sources.
- Assist the Compliance Management with ad hoc projects.
- Identify and analyze alerts generated by the screening system in order to identify politically related individuals, entities involved in financial crime, as well as sanctioned or terrorism-related entities.
Requirements & Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited universities.
- 4+ years’ experience in analyzing large data sets to make strategic decisions.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel (VBA would be a plus)
- Proficiency in SQL and Google suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets, can prioritize tasks under pressure.
- Unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
|Job Category||Human Resources|