Department: Tech – IT
Job Title: Systems Administrator -Jumia (Full Time)
- Configure & manage DHCP servers within a large corporate environment.
- Manage multiple small and large-scale technology deployments for the company including LAN/WAN interconnect, PC desktop design, configuration, and support.
- Implement and support TCP/IP management products such as DNS, DHCP and subnetting.
- Set up network printers and copiers on print servers and folders/permissions for file servers.
- Set QOS maps to align with corporate day to day business and evolving business needs.
- Design and implement enterprise VPN solution.
- Design firewall modifications and site-to-site VPN connections.
- Devise network solutions to help convert existing voice network infrastructure to the proposed infrastructure while minimizing downtime during transition.
- Serve as primary network/systems engineer in the design of IT Networks and Infrastructure
- Analyze, monitor, and troubleshoot network components to identify potential improvements and to make modifications in accordance with changing requirements.
- Develop and implement standardized documentation templates for structure writing, and detail network diagrams for all engineers to easily troubleshoot issues.
- Troubleshoot and maintain wireless, ethernet network systems and provide rapid solutions.
- Participate in IP Planning, Implementation, and Network Management.
- Install and configure network switches, routers, and firewalls
- Install and administer servers, laptops and PCs including operating systems and applications
- Manage installations, upgrades and configurations of IT hardware and software.
- Assess system performance and recommend improvements
- Manage issues/incidents escalated by subordinates
- Reviewing workloads and manpower to ensure targets are met.
- Ensuring staff working on processes are happy and operating efficiently.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in planning, administration, and execution of projects, processes, issue resolution, and procedures.
- Manage Field IT team responsible for IT assets and related tasks, both in the office and at events, to ensure stable, consistent operations and ensure client deliverables are met.
- Recommend improvements and automations to existing IT Service portfolios and support systems.
Required skills and qualifications
- A minimum education level of B.Sc or B.Eng Degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 6 years of related work experience.
- Technical & IT Management certifications (CCNA or its equivalent)
- Strong understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining asset management procedure and solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, Unified threat management (UTM), Surveillance system and call application
- Technical support experience in standard network and server protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP), VLANs and Firewalls.
- Strong Understanding of Incident management through help-desk application
- Strong understanding of cabling standards to facilitate circuit or network extensions as needed
- Knowledge of open-source software and solutions
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- People and problem management skills
- Ability to work independently – accountable for your own actions and able to act with both urgency and integrity.
What we offer
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having a strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team