University of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences – The journey of Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo towards becoming a University started from a humble beginning in 1979 by Imo State Edict No. 11 of 1979 that established it as a Monotechnic College of Agriculture, to provide courses of study, training, and research as well as the development of techniques and skills in all branches of Agriculture and Technology. In 2007 the institution was upgraded to a Polytechnic status through a law passed by the Imo state House of Assembly, Law No. 11 of 2007. In 2012, the Law was further amended by Imo State House of Assembly, Law No. 15 of 2012 that made the Polytechnic a multi-campus Institution.
Recently, the Polytechnic campus at Umuagwo was upgraded to the University of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences Umuagwo by the Law No. 4 2019, of the lmo State House of Assembly establishing the UAES. NUC recognized the University on the 18th th April 2019 as the 49th State and 171st University in the Nigerian University System and the second Public University established and fully owned by the Imo State government. The mission of this University is to produce persons with capacity to contribute to the scientific transformation of Agriculture and the Environment in Nigeria and in accordance with the goals of sustainable development.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Professor
Location: Umuagwo, Imo
Faculty / Programmes: Engineering
We are recruiting candidates for the departments below:
- Civil Engineering
- Water & Irrigation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Chemical Engineering.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants should possess a Doctorate Degree in the relevant field and must have been in the position of a Reader for a minimum of three years in a recognized University.
- The applicant must demonstrate the ability to initiate, develop and supervise research, capacity for academic leadership and a good record of scholarly publications in relevant peer reviewed journals.
- Registration with relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
19th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit Fifteen (15) copies of their applications, credentials and detailed Curriculum Vitae. The Curriculum Vitae should contain the following information:
- Name in full (Surname first in capital letters)
- Position Applied for
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Postal/Email Address/Phone number
- Nationality/State of Origin
- Marital Status/No of Children
- Institutions attended and Qualifications obtained with dates
- Working Experience with dates
- Professional Membership/Qualifications
- Conferences attended/Papers presented
- Administrative Experience with dates
- Scholarly Publications (with full citations)
- Community services
- Academic distinctions
- Names of two(2) referees (References from the two referees should be submitted together in sealed envelop with the application).
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope, addressed and sent to:
University of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences,
Umuagwo, Imo State.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.