Gokada is a leading technology startup in Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria, and has the potential to become one of the most impactful companies in all of Africa.
Gokada’s services include instant parcel delivery, food delivery, ride-hailing, and more. Currently headquartered in Lagos, Gokada is in the process of expanding to other cities. Our Vision is to be the biggest Super App for Africa and we aim to make African Cities easier, better and more enjoyable to live in by empowering lives of people through technology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Inventory Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Procurement and Inventory Manager will be responsible for strategic and operational procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, including searching for better deals to find more profitable suppliers, analyzing purchase requisitions and processing purchase orders whilst assisting to track the received and existing inventory across the company.
- As the Procurement and Inventory Manager, you would report to the VP, Operations to ensure that all business operations have adequate material to achieve their objectives.
As the Procurement and Inventory Manager, your duties shall include (but not limited to) the following:
- Engage with key stakeholders on aligning to growth objectives for Gokada and translating those into a portfolio of suppliers with best-in-class capabilities.
- Superb analytic capabilities to deliver spend insights and explain pricing models.
- Someone who’s been there/done that managing marketing contract negotiations or executing on large transactions
- Deliver fast execution and receive best responses from the right set of vendors using BATNA as your key tool in such a way that enables rapid deal flow.
- Extensive contracts experience as you will need to lead contract negotiations with selected partners and agencies and review, red-line, and negotiate a variety of contracts to optimize value and manage risk at a fast pace.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with key stakeholders. Share ownership and accountability for driving and delivering results serving internal business partners.
- Research vendor space and industry trends, benchmarking, and innovate to create improvements on industry best practices.
- Develop and implement innovative strategies that drive and measure smart spending, continuous analysis of supplier performance, and overall business value.
- Deals, Deals, Deals – You have tons of experience negotiating ultra-fast deals that contribute to mitigating long-term risk.
- Handle any ad-hoc projects and operations as needed in a variety of categories.
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures
- Inspect the levels of business supplies and raw material to identify shortages
- Ensure product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover direct demand from customers
- Record daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile inventory
- Use software to monitor demand and document characteristics of inventory
- Place orders to replenish stock avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus
- Analyze data to anticipate future needs
- Evaluate suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trust relationships
- Collaborate with warehouse employees and other staff to ensure business goals are met
- Report to upper management on stock levels, issues etc.
- B.Sc / HND in Business or related field with coursework in purchasing and/or inventory control management
- At least five (5) years of procurement and inventory experience required with supervisory experience preferred.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and ethics when dealing with vendors, co-workers, and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to effectively train others.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, as well as inventory software.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Gokada is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against protected characteristics ( such as but not limited to gender, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status.)
- We want all employees (including executives and People Success) to treat others with respect and professionalism.
|Job Category||Human Resources|