Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor – Daily Worker Pool
Locations: Maiduguri – Borno
Contract: 48 working hours per week with weekly payment depending on the number of hours worked
- Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
- Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions to ensure their therapeutic progression
- Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analysing orders of depending pharmacies to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Supervising, with the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
- Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
- Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects.
- Licensed Pharmacy Degree
- A pharmacy license is required for the registration of MSF Pharmacy.
- Essential: 2 years previous experience in Pharmacy management.
- Desirable: Previous experience with MSF or other INGO’s.
- Essential: Fluency in English
- Desirable: Knowledge of Hausa is an asset
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, Internet).
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for the next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.