Gokada is a leading technology startup in Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria, and has the potential to become one of the most impactful companies in all of Africa.
Gokada’s services include instant parcel delivery, food delivery, ride-hailing, and more. Currently headquartered in Lagos, Gokada is in the process of expanding to other cities. Our Vision is to be the biggest Super App for Africa and we aim to make African Cities easier, better and more enjoyable to live in by empowering lives of people through technology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: New City Launcher
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Role
- As a city launcher, you are the first “boots-on-the-ground” representative for new Gokada markets.
- In each new city, you will run through an operational playbook, including recruiting a team, recruiting riders, working with city regulators, and testing and iterating on various operational models.
- This role requires great project management skills and a determination to “hustle” and get things done.
- Build a launch plan and budget for each market you’re launching to operationalize a fleet of riders in a matter of weeks
- Recruit and build out a foundation for a strong local operational team
- Grow initial ridership through launch marketing campaigns in close coordination with HQ
- Be the initial operations point-of-contact for city regulators, local businesses, and riders.
- Continually innovate on launch playbooks to help scale our other cities
- Work cross-functionally with our Ops, Eng, and BD teams to streamline processes.
- Extensive years of experience in Operations Management, Consulting, Banking or Tech background
- Analytical background: you can mold and understand data to drive action and results
- Project management experience with an obsession over details
- Excellent communication skills: collaborate effectively across internal teams and work with local governments and businesses
- An entrepreneurial spirit – no problems with getting your hands dirty
- Flexibility to travel 70-80% of the year.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Gokada is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against protected characteristics ( such as but not limited to gender, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status.)
- We want all employees (including executives and People Success) to treat others with respect and professionalism.
|Job Category||Human Resources|