Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant – UN Women
- The Monitoring and Evaluation assistant to support the implementation of the Project in the context of north-eastern Nigeria.
- The purpose of this role is to provide timely, accurate information on project implementation and ensure that monitoring and evaluation are in line with specific project FAD/donor requirements.
- The role’s support is to achieve accountability, transparency and programme quality in project locations.
- The post holder is to ensure that project activities are in line with the Performance Measurement Framework and relevant Plan International MERL guidelines.
Dimensions of the Role
- Communicates with the M&E coordinator and across Plan International, with Donor and field level implementing partners.
- The post holder will support the establishment of a systematic Monitoring and Evaluation system.
- The post holder will interface and support programme team members and programme coordination.
- The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all staff, partners and other stakeholders.
In collaboration with the project Team, M&E coordinator and other relevant staff, the M&E assistant will:
- Support to ensure that M&E specific elements of local partner capacity strengthening plans are successfully implemented
- Report results of M&E activities by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate
- Provide leadership at project location level on M&E to ensure the program technical integrity to achieve program goal and corresponding objectives and targets.
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Field based team and the M&E coordinator, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems.
- Lead efforts at project location to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping.
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning.
- Support targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis.
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits
- Support to ensure that relevant data (5Ws, 3Ws and related MIS data) are entered into organization-wide data management system designed to capture, analyse, and disseminate project data.
- Lead in the conduct of emergency assessments, field level Market price, cash/in-kind distribution and post distribution monitoring, data collection, analysis and reporting of results.
- Provide monthly report on the progress of implementation of the project
Information and Coordination:
- Work closely with the M&E Coordinator, Project Coordinator, Education Officer in conducting all MEAL activities, including the preparation of materials, planning of training, training enumerators, data collection supervision, data cleaning and analysis.
- Leverage strong quantitative skills to design surveys, analyse data, and mentor enumerator teams
- Provide support in creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy.
- Provide support in ensuring facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Perform any other support functions as directed.
- Provide support in implementing a Robust Child Friendly Feedback Mechanism in line with Plan International policies and guidelines.
- Contribute to all activity implementation, including periodic monitoring of life-skill sessions, care givers sessions, ABEP monitoring and other activities related to the project.
- Implement other task within the organization, as assigned by the line manager.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Social Sciences, Mathematics, Information Management, Computer Science and Statistics or any other related field.
- 1 to 2 years work experience in similar position.
- Knowledge in developing an M&E system.
- Knowledge of child safe guarding.
- Familiarity with an NGO setting especially on Education in Emergencies
- Well-developed analytical and writing/presentation skills.
- Demonstrate good knowledge and skills of Information Technology, in order to support the development and maintenance of database system of the project.
- Desirable to have specialized formal training on IT systems, database, business software, and/or web-based applications and proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Team player, able to work respectfully and cooperatively with colleagues of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent organization, and record/file keeping skills to ensure information, knowledge, and data are reviewed, maintained and monitored.
- Good understanding of performance management concepts.
- Demonstrated personal commitment to peace, tolerance and development
- Experience of working in humanitarian settings, particularly North-east Nigeria
- Good knowledge of qualitative, quantitative and mix methodologies data collection systems
- Capacities to speak Hausa and Kanuri is an added advantage
Application Closing Date
8th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online