Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Jahun, Jigawa State MSF France works with the MoH to in maternal and newborn health in the Jahun Government hospital and in some primary health care facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Mechanic
Location: Jahun, Jigawa
- Performing autonomously and ensuring, all necessary complex / advanced maintenance and repair of MSF vehicles and mechanical equipment to ensure they are in perfect condition for their use. This in-cludes the following tasks:
- Performing maintenance according to the instructions in the logbook, ensuring all type of ser-vices to all vehicles are done on time (i.e. mini A, medium B and full C, and special services re-ferred in logbook when possible).
- Testing all vehicles after each service is concluded and before it is handed back to its driver
- Keeping record of vehicle’s driver remarks, and carrying out repairs if needed (vehicles and other mechanical equipment) and filling in service, repair or vehicle log book. Reporting to the line manager any problem related to MSF vehicles
- In the case of a breakdown, making a diagnosis, informing the line manager and after approval carrying out any complex / advanced repairs needed.
- Following up the validity of all documents (annual inspections, insurance or any other required documents)
- Assisting in the briefing or training of drivers regarding vehicle services and maintenance
- Managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inven-tories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage
- Responsible for the equipment and tools, including extinguishers, checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
- Keeping working area clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to maintenance are always completed and prepar-ing needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
- Check the quality of the fuel ordered and participate to the reception.
- Assist the Logistics Manager in the daily monitoring of the fuel.
- Education: Essential Diploma in Mechanics or related studies.
- Experience: Demonstrable mechanical experience. (Minimum 2 years’ experience)
- Languages: Spoken and written English and Hausa
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Service Orientation L1
- Stress Management L2
- Contract in Jahun, 208 working hours per month.
Application Closing Date
11th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for the next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.