Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Employment Type: Full time
Reporting to: Field Manager
Experience Level: Mid Level
Proposed Start Date: November 2021
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Logistics Officer who will be responsible for ensuring that efficient and appropriate logistical support is provided for all CDCS program activities in compliance with Action Against Hunger Protocol and procedures.
- Ensure that preventive maintenance is scheduled and properly executed for all rented vehicles.
- Ensure that Action Against Hunger standard rented vehicle processes are implemented and adhered with, logbooks are filled, consolidated and monitored on a regular basis and reported monthly.
- Ensure that Action Against Hunger standard fuel management processes are implemented and adhered with, monitored on a regular basis and reported monthly.
- Draw up daily work plan with project team delegate, the activities and check that they are executed properly.
- Ensure that all drivers are aware of Action Against Hunger’s standard operating procedures, safety and security rules for movements.
- Keep updated the inventory lists, first aid kits and safety boxes.
- In collaboration with finance ensure all advance procedures are followed and documents are shared with relevant person.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- At least 2 years of work experience preferably in humanitarian or development work with at least 1 years of experience in emergency.
- Previous experience of logistics management in an INGO.
- Excellent management and personnel skills to enable the motivation, encouragement and participation of a mainly national team, including remote management.
- Strong team communicator and facilitator between the interests of different departments.
- Problem-solving ability with equipment ranging from PC’s to vehicles and radios.
- Willingness to travel extensively in the field.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions in an isolated area.
- An Understanding of and commitment to Action Against Hunger’s mission and values.
Starting Gross Basic Salary and Other Benefits
- N281,063 monthly (excluding other benefits).
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
Friday, 5th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply.