Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor – Business Process & Operations – Jumia
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment type: Full Time
Department: Internal Audit
- The “Internal Auditor, Business Processes & Operations” is responsible for evaluating the adequacy and operational effectiveness of Jumia’s risk management, internal control, and governance processes.
- He/she shall plan and execute audit assignments to ensure that people, processes, and tools operate according to defined policies, standards, procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- Overall, his/her assignments shall provide a reasonable assurance whether significant financial, compliance and operational risks are appropriately identified and mitigated.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business, risks and processes for assigned projects.
- Implement the approved audit plan including any special tasks or projects that may be required.
- Plan and execute audits of operational, compliance and financial processes (with 40 to 60% travel time to emerging countries and Europe in favorable travel conditions).
- Be a key influencer of operational efficiency and well-controlled change management.
- Present findings to management and provide practical recommendations for improvement and actively monitor audit related remediation and management action plans.
Requirements & Experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance.
- 2-5 years of internal/external audit experience preferably with big 4 practice firm; or risk advisory function.
- Prior experience in an internal controls department and professional qualifications will be a plus (CPA, ACCA, CIA).
- Strong background and experience with audit methodologies and techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP/IFRS guidelines and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) rules and regulations.
- Practical and creative in suggesting recommendations for improvement to internal control processes, policies and procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills for identifying control issues.
- Excellent writing skills in English (French is a plus) sufficient to prepare audit material.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office, with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online