Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) is Nigeria’s first open living lab and pre-incubation space designed to be a multi-functional, multi-purpose space where work to catalyze creative social tech ventures take place. They are located at 294 Herbert Macaulay Way, Yaba 101212, Lagos.
JOB TITLE: Incubation Manager
JOB LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Contract
- Co-creation Hub seeks an experienced Incubation Manager with incredible people management skills to join our team to support the next generation of entrepreneurs entering our incubation program.
- The Incubation Manager will be the prime interface for entrepreneurs and responsible for managing the operations, planning, marketing and development of the Incubation unit in our Kigali office
- This position requires a team player with leadership qualities, excellent marketing skills, a professional and positive attitude, organization and dependability.
- Vet and support the selection of ventures to join the Incubation portfolio
- Overall planning the activities, resources, budgets and operations of the Incubation Office
- Pre-incubation: Deal Flow generation, Screening of ideas, Research, working with entrepreneurs for their proposals, presenting proposals to the next level for selecting incubates.
- Lead formation of new business and provide incubation facilities to enable commercialization of the ventures. To induct new entrepreneurs; create Incubation plans and implement them, keep track of the Incubation process; support business development efforts of ventures, etc.
- Mentor Network: Develop the mentor network for the Incubator and work with them to make Incubated ventures successful.
- Partnerships: Forge partnerships with other organizations for providing services to ventures or the incubator including liaising with the government and industry players.
- Work with other units within CcHUB to provide adequate support to ventures in the portfolio.
- Marketing the Incubator and Business Development: Be the face of the Incubator and actively promote it through various channels.
- Funding for ventures: Work with senior management for setting up and seed funds for start-ups.
- Prepare all required reports and maintain a comprehensive set of records on all venture activities.
- Administration of the Incubator and any other activities, which requires the manager’s involvement.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university. A Master’s Degree in Business Administration or any innovation/business related field is desirable.
- At Least 5 years experience in a business incubator, a start-up advisory or any kind of tech. entrepreneurial role.
- Demonstrated experience of supporting early stage entrepreneurs.
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft applications
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong knowledge of the technology ecosystem in Africa.
- An understanding of the fintech landscape in Africa is desirable.
In addition, you’ll be:
- Self-motivated and will thrive working with a small team given lots of responsibility.
- Able to think-through and develop positive user experiences.
What We Offer
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.
Application Closing Date