Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Traffic Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Marketing – Performance
- As Head of Traffic Operations you will be responsible for carrying the consumer along the funnel, from his first step on the app to the final conversion.
- You will work closely with marketing, tech and commercial teams and ensure:
- We propose the best user experience,
- We animate continuously our app through campaigns and fresh content,
- We engage our consumers through games, promotions and deals,
- We increase repurchasing rate through JumiaPrime
- You will be especially be involved during Jumia’s signature Tier 1 events – Black Friday, Jumia Anniversary etc – a key moment for customer acquisition and retention, by leading the organization of those campaign and ensure its performance.
- Plan, manage and execute all campaigns of Jumia (Tier 1, weekly campaigns, Super Brand Day, Super Brand Week, etc).
- Establishing a 12 months rolling campaign planning.
- Define campaign concept and plan to drive acquisition, usage and engagement (deals logic, games, animations, user flow etc).
- Define consumer needs and hunting list to support each campaign and work closely with commercial teams to ensure we source good assortment and deals for the identified needs
- Build the marketing 360 plan across channels that will support each campaign and make sure it is executed properly.
- Gather learnings & performance data from all stakeholders and enrich the calendar accordingly.
User Flow and Homepage Operations:
- Supervise Jumia App & Website and ensure an efficient e-merchandising: maintain the site daily, challenge product assortment, catalog structure and navigation, and optimize user experience to maximize conversion and usage as well as ensure outstanding quality of the content.
- Suggest, Implement and try out new IT/technical features following AB test.
- Manage onsite managers who will execute & apply all required changes for marketing & promotional campaigns.
- Track key business indicators and ensure regular reporting and feedback with high value-added analysis (shop, search, funnel performance…) and provide business-oriented insights to the relevant team (marketing, commercial, graphics).
- Be Creative and keep up to date with new e-commerce ideas and innovations to try.
Consumer Engagement Tools:
- You will put in place the engagement roadmap to ensure MAC / YAC growth.
- Supervise Flash Sales : ensure best user experience, quality of deals and high level of traffic (initiatives across channels such as games, product feed, SoMe assets, automated home page widgets etc).
- Manage gamification strategy (shake and win, wheel of fortune, flip and win etc) and ensure test and learn approach.
- Promotions & vouchers : develop new promotions and vouchers initiatives (new customer voucher, marketplace voucher, category voucher, brand voucher, etc)
- Build marketing strategy of Jumia Prime across channels (automated PN, SoMe recurrent push, influencers give aways, etc) and ensure its proper execution.
- Define education mechanisms and strong communication plan to support the key value propositions of the service.
- Develop initiatives and campaigns to drive Prime acquisition.
KPIs to Evaluate Success
- GMV (NMV)
- # New customers
- # Active consumers
- Monthly Active Consumer
Quality on execution:
- OBR (onsite basic review)
- CBR (campaign basic review)
Qualification & Requirements
- Top-tier Engineering school, or top-tier Business school with clear analytical profile
- Excellent communication skills in English, and willingness to be immersed in an very international and entrepreneurial environment
- Sharp, analytical mind and an entrepreneurial spirit
- +8 years experience in marketing or digital marketing.
- Well organized and ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects
- Proficiency in advanced excel
- Level headed and can express ideas in a clear and impactful manner
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
- Competitive compensation.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Human Resources|