The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Job ID.: ABJ202100242
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the direct supervision of the Dispatcher 2, the Driver transports people and goods in a safe and timely manner, in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations and national traffic laws.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Loads and unloads vehicles as necessary and ensures that the goods are loaded safely. Properly delivers cargo as requested and to obtains transport documents for all cargo transported
- Ensures that passengers and cargo on board have all the necessary authorizations and documents available
- Follows all internal ICRC and legal security and safety rules and regulations.
- Establishes and communicates through VHF/HF Radio systems as and when required.
- Is sensitive to security and road safety situation and reports any danger or incident to the Team Leader during field trips, and to his supervisor back at the delegation.
- Carries out the daily vehicle condition checks and inventory of equipment and accessories of the assigned vehicle as per instructions.
- Maintains the vehicle equipment and reports immediately any need for replacement.
- Ensures permanent cleanliness of the vehicles.
- Reports technical vehicle defects and or/missing equipment immediately to the line manager (blue line).
- Maintains the logbook or electronic logbook of the vehicles.
- Pays specific attention and assures refuelling and recording in the logbook
Education and Experience Required
- Secondary School Diploma
- 2 years of experience as a driver or in a similar position
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Light / Heavy vehicle driving license held for at least five years.
- Very good knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
- Masters 4×4 driving and VHF Radio system use
- Good physical condition
- No prior criminal conviction
- Basic mechanical skills
Desired Profile and Skills:
- Willingness to strictly follow ICRC internal security and national traffic rules
- Service oriented
- Willingness to adapt and learn
- Team Player
- Good Planning, Organization & Assessment skills
- Good Communication (Ability to express views and ideas)
- Sensitive to Security Management.
Application Closing Date
26th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter and NYSC Certificate to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org using “ABJ202100242 Driver ABJ” as the subject of the mail.
Important Information and Notice
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- In the body of your email, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
|Job Category||Driving, NGO|