Department: Company Leadership
Job Title: CXO Right-Arm Project Manager – Jumia (Full Time)
About this role
No need to choose between a consulting firm, a multinational or a startup environment, choose all and join Jumia. In this role, based out of Lagos in Nigeria, you will report to one of our CXOs and lead game-changing projects across commercial, marketing, operations or logistics for decisive impact at internet speed!
Join amazing people who value collaboration, flat hierarchy, agility, trust, care and fun. Jumia hosts a blend of local and international top talents with previous bluechip and ground up experience.
Want a 100% African / 100% Internet experience? Join Us!
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. Our marketplace is supported by our proprietary logistics business, Jumia Logistics, and our digital payment and fintech platform, JumiaPay. Jumia Logistics enables the seamless delivery of millions of packages while JumiaPay facilitates online payments and the distribution of a broad range of digital and financial services.
We are fueled by the belief that technology has the potential to transform everyday life in Africa, for the better. We built Jumia to help consumers access millions of goods and services conveniently and at the best prices while opening up a new way for sellers to reach consumers and grow their businesses.
Jumia counts over 5,000 people across more than 10 countries, a diverse group of talent with different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, driven by a common ambition to help build the digital future of Africa.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in. We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
The kind of work you will do
As right hand to the CXO, your projects will entail deep understanding and drive of our functions across commercial, marketing, operations & logistics. This will require you to make recommendations and decisions, pilot and improve the impact at internet speed. You will work closely with all the teams across the country. You will be groomed and coached by one of our leaders. You will have the opportunity to change after 9-12 months in a role and go on to another function or take one of the operational roles on the ground or elsewhere.
Examples of projects include
- In Commercial,
- Steering commercial performance & profitability
- Developing new categories to drive everyday usage of the platform
- In Marketing,
- Improve the performance of our marketing channels
- Drive branding projects to establish Jumia as a most loved brand
- In Operations,
- Monitor & Improve all levers of Customer Excellence
- Monitor & Improve all levers of Vendor Excellence
- In Logistics,
- Drive projects to improve our network & fulfillment
Details on specific internships can be provided upon request by mentioning your area of interest on the CV
Who are we looking for
- Early career professional (graduate or up to 2 years professional experience, graduation min 105 or above)
- Strong analytic background needed – support in steering performance thanks to deep understanding of our categories, marketing channels and business line
- Project management abilities to lead selected key transformational project and campaigns for the profitable growth of Jumia
- Enhanced interpersonal skills to deal with external and senior stakeholders (vendors, logistics partners.. etc)
- Flexibility to move on different scope and work on a project mindset where and if need be
- Fast learner, highly analytical & comfortable with numbers
- Enthusiastic about digital businesses & emerging countries
- Street smart, energetic and willing to take on field work
- Leadership abilities
- Agility and strong ability to deal with ambiguity in a multicultural environment
- Preferred SQL, CRM tools, development skills
- Graduate-Program acceleration speed & growth
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment, growing at a very high rate
- A unique opportunity of discovering Africa and having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
- In Operations,