Gokada is a leading technology startup in Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria, and has the potential to become one of the most impactful companies in all of Africa.
Gokada’s services include instant parcel delivery, food delivery, ride-hailing, and more. Currently headquartered in Lagos, Gokada is in the process of expanding to other cities. Our Vision is to be the biggest Super App for Africa and we aim to make African Cities easier, better and more enjoyable to live in by empowering lives of people through technology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Compliance Manager will be responsible for strict adherence to company, state and federal laws, regulations, policies as well as departmental process which is a very sensitive part of our operations.
- As the Compliance Manager, you would report to the VP, Operations and will be tasked with everything from developing company policies, creating metrics to help track compliance and performing compliance audits.
- You will also ensure operational processes conform to regulatory, statutory, customer and organizational standards.
- Pilot Excuses & Payment Issues (Daily Pilots’ Walk-ins and WhatsApp)
- Walk Through Inspection
- Resolution of customer complaints regarding pilots and handing out pertinent sanctions
- Updating Pilot’s Dashboard Status
- Recovering damaged accident bikes
- Monitoring pilots who exceed travel leave
- Debt recovery from remittance defaulters
- Daily count of repossessed bikes
- Call-outs to guarantors of remittance defaulters
- Coordinate repossession of bikes from remittance defaulters, accident victims and sick pilots
- Check pilots who are blocked and working (Offline trips)
- Tracking the Daily pilot’s visit form (Debt Recovery)
- Insurance Claim Filing
- Transfer terminated pilots bikes to maintenance for repair and reassignment
- Update Debtors list daily for repossession team
- Monitoring speed defaulters daily, weekly
- Suspension/Termination (Sanction) of pilots
- Ensuring and maintaining a high remittance rate by closely monitoring driver activity
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a similar role.
- Previous startup experience is required.
Must Have Skills:
- Creative with an innovative mindset that is constantly looking for ways to improve things,
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative and flexible work style.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- A very good communicator. Strong presentation, listening, written and verbal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional and proactive work ethic.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to accurately interpret complex documents and policies
- Strong time management and organizational skills and able to meet deadlines
- Should have a strong moral code and sense of ethics.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Gokada is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against protected characteristics ( such as but not limited to gender, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status.)
- We want all employees (including executives and People Success) to treat others with respect and professionalism.