Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Program Manager
Job number 1149969
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Travel: 0-25 %
Profession: Business Programs & Operations
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type Full-Time
The Business Program Manager reports to the Marketing and Operations Lead (M&O Lead) and is responsible for leading, creating, and orchestrating processes across all business groups locally. This means the Business Program Manager (BPM) assists the M&O Lead execute the role in the following areas:
- Plays trusted advisor and business partner to the local leadership
- Ensures quality plans in place to drive growth
- Takes action based on insights from execution
- Strives for excellence in project and process based work, simplifying processes without compromising outcomes
- Provides increased transparency and integration across all groups
- The BPM is a senior business partner that leads key decisions across the business as well as marketing planning and governance.
- Contributes to Area performance across Solution Areas for Customer Adds, Consumption and compete.
- Regarded by the Area LT and stakeholders as an expert, driving execution, growth & deep insights
- Improve sales discipline and coaching culture via operational excellence and within the frame of Empowering Digital Success
Role Time Allocation:
- Deliver Business Performance Insight: Work across the Subsidiary/Area to standardize, simplify, rationalize, and organize reporting to improve local execution by driving analysis and insights to advise the BSO and M&O leader of execution insights. (40%)
- Drive Execution & Resource Management: Lead ROC cycles, Scorecard, Planning, and Operational functions to scale, improve, standardize, and accelerate business outcomes. Manage resources across Areas such as Local Marketing, M&O Opex, Enterprise Cloud Investment Fund (ECIF), and marketing compliance. Drive process simplification without compromising outcomes. (20%)
- Accelerate Empowering Digital Success (EDS) Landing & Support: Improve ROC discipline and enable coaching culture via standardized meeting rhythms, reports, communications, and coaching frameworks for Modern ROC readiness, etc. (20%)
- Enable Cross-Business Execution Activities: Assist the M&O leader to scale execution cross-subsidiary (10%)
- Team responsibilities, learning, and development (10%)
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S. / B.A.) required and/or experience in relevant fields eg: business, marketing, information technology, operations, finance. Master’s degree beneficial.
- 3-5 years related experience
- Experience and deep knowledge within Sales Excellence, Business Planning, Sales Operations, and/or Finance
- Executive exposure and cross-functional stakeholder management
- Focus on providing process optimization by understanding the desired business outcome
- Deliver end-to-end deep data analysis and actionable strategic insights
- History of driving operational discipline as well as innovation
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to work and build strong relationships with senior managers (required)
- Must have proven skills in financial, marketing, and IT management
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, planning and organizational abilities
- Intermediate conflict resolution and negotiation skills (required)
- Must be able to work independently, handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and negotiate and collaborate effectively
- Must be highly analytical, able to understand business metrics, customer and market trends
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.