Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant General Manager – Technical Support Services
Location: Lagos (Head Office)
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Cement Operations
Reports To: Director Operations
- Support cement plant operations procurement management, contract management and agreement development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Purchase orders review and put up for the final release:
- Review of Nigeria plants local purchase / service orders above Naira 5 million value.
- Review of Nigeria plants all import purchase / service orders.
- Review of all the purchase orders DCP HO.
- Submit the reviews report to DO(N) and DGMD for the approval and release in SAP.
- Review of the POs related to the plants outside Nigeria as and when advised by GDMD.
Negotiate with the vendors for the price reductions:
- Carry out the final negotiations with the suppliers for the high value import purchases to get the better price.
Local Coal Purchases:
- Floating the request for quotation to the local coal suppliers for Nigeria plants.
- Coordinating with the Director (Mines & Geology) in evaluating the suppliers coal mines.
- Negotiations with the suppliers.
- Preparing the approval notes and communicating the plants to the plants to issue the purchase orders.
Coordinating with the plants for the technical and commercial clarifications for the spare parts purchase.
- Obtaining the quality reports of the specific materials purchased with the plant technical departments.
- Coordinating with the plant technical departments and the vendors in the disputes of the materials supplies if any and submit the report to DGMD.
Preparing the fuel / additives (Slag / Pozzolana) strategies for the plant operations.
- Preparing the fuel strategies with the latest different fuel prices and the quality of the fuel for Nigeria plants and some of the plants outside Nigeria.
- Preparing the additives strategies with the different additives’ prices and the quality of the for Nigeria plants and some of the plants outside Nigeria.
- Alternate vendor development for some of the OEM spare parts.
- Local coal vendors development.
- Coordinate with the SAP team in resolving the SAP MM module issues as and when required.
- Coordinate with the SAP team in material codification and Vendor codes creation in urgent cases
- Assisting management in resolving the plant technical issues and in the plant operations as an when assigned
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of 20 years of experience in Cement plant:
- Graduate in Business Administration (BBA).
- Post Graduate degrees in Business Administration (MBA – Finance)
- Projects – Cement plant erection and commissioning
- Maintenance & operations: All kinds of plant maintenance and Operating the cement plant.
- ERP systems implementation and Support: Experience in SAP implementation and support.
Skills and Behaviors:
- Communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge on ERP systems
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Dangote, Manager, Technical, Technical Officer, Technology|