Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Agronomist
Fuction / Domain: Plant Operations (PO)
- To provide specialized crop production and crop protection advise to Fields staff and to champion soil control and management.
- To keep up to date with the latest agronomic practices in crop production.
- The Agronomist will specialize in crop production, soil control and soil management.
- He will find ways to maximize crop production from a given hectare of soil.
- He will perform experiments to determine and then maximize plant nutrients and soil health.
- He will provide guidance and support to Fields staff in areas such as fertilizer and herbicide recommendation.
- He will closely monitor pest populations and suggest courses of action should they become commercially threatening.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Master’s degree in Agriculture. (Specializing in soil science a plus)
- Minimum of 2 years of agronomy work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of soil and crop principles.
- Proficient in MS office.
- Outstanding research and analytical skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Application Closing Date
18th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online