The Genesis Cinemas Brand and company was launched into the Nigerian market in the year 2008, in Lagos. By the month of December 2011, the company had served over 15 million customers. Since then, Genesis Cinemas has grown to 12 cinemas with over 45 screens and over 5000 seats. Genesis Cinemas has cinemas located in Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Warri, Owerri, Abuja and Asaba. Our strategy to continue to grow in all major cities of the country will have us opening in more locations in the years to come.
We are a major brand in the strategic Lagos market, with our current Lekki location situated at the most popular shopping mall in the country with over 800 parking spaces, housing some of the most prestigious Nigerian and international retail brands. Genesis Cinemas Lagos was the first cinema in West Africa to show a 3D movie (Green Hornet) in February, 2011.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Maintain and monitor receivable and payable accounts.
- Ensuring the accuracy of financial records, as well as their compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Preparation and processing of payroll for Staff salary payment
- Payment of PAYE and WHT deductions to LIRS, payment of pension’s regulatory contribution to pension.
- Determination of monthly VAT and remittance to FIRS.
- Issuance of weekly invoices to 64 films exhibitors across the nation.
- Follow up with film exhibitors to ensure that Producers WHT are remitted as they are deducted.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Maintenance of asset registers to determine monthly depreciation.
- Raising of transfer instructions for authorization and bank treatment.
- Preparation of monthly financial report.
- Offering guidance on cost reduction, revenue enhancement and profit maximization to management.
- Preparation of monthly Income and Financial Statement reports.
- Maintain monthly Deferred income and Deferred cost Schedule.
- Keep Record of Journal entries in all transaction.
- Minimum of HND / B.Sc. with at least 2 years’ experience.
- ICAN is an added advantage.
- Detail-oriented, Performance-oriented, and Result-oriented.
- Good understanding of payables, receivables, VAT, Withholding Tax, Financial reporting and Invoicing.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting theories, principles, methods, practices, and terminology in a multidisciplinary and multi-functional environment.
- Asset schedule understanding.
- Intermediate Knowledge of Microsoft Packages and Accounting Softwares, preferably Excel, Word, Outlook and SAGE.
- Good knowledge of IFRS 15 (Revenue with contractual obligations)
- Sound knowledge of Accrual Accounting and Double entry.
- Multi-tasking abilities.
Application Closing Date
12th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
|Job Category||Food & Beverages|