Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Delivery Management (IC5) Executive – Cross Industry
Job number: 1104518
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment type Full-Time
Profession: Consulting Services
Role type: Individual Contributor
Travel: 0-25 %
- Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
- In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
- Microsoft Consulting Services helps Microsoft customers around the world get the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Microsoft cloud technologies.
- We focus on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.
- As an Account Delivery Executive (ADE) you will be the strategic partner for both the commercial account team and the customer that brings Microsoft’s own professional services teams to deliver and support digital transformation solutions for our customers.
- As the Microsoft’s commercial business evolves from selling and building individual products to becoming the strategic digital transformation platform and partner of choice, you will lead Microsoft Consulting Services teams in the delivery of those solutions and be a key part of our customer’s success.
- Creates a strategic relationship with key stakeholders within large, challenging and/or complex customer organizations (e.g., tier 1, global, high services volume, high revenue generation, complex transformation, strategic accounts), including the information technology (IT) Directors, Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Chief Information Officer (CIO), and Line of Business (LOB) leaders, as well as technology professionals, to enable quality service implementation and delivery.
- Sets strategies and goals for expanding customer relationships beyond the current services and supports contract owners and seeks out new customer opportunities.
- Synthesizes and combines various insights across teams and business units, and customer industry regarding business and information technology (IT) objectives, priorities, and strategies for highly prominent and complex customer organization (e.g., tier 1) in order to develop and manage the delivery of a comprehensive service delivery plan, and leverages proficiency to coach others to do the same.
- Communicates current view of services (support and Microsoft Consulting Services [MCSs]) to customer executives on regular cadence.
- Drives the case for change to help customers evolve their information technology (IT) maturity, drives productive use of Microsoft products, and enables and supports IT to make the business more effective. Presents the strategic business and technical need for change, as well as insights from competitors.
Internal Relationships and Coordination:
- Develops standards and best practices for connecting opportunities, questions, and/or issues from the most prominent and/or challenging customer organizations with complex internal Microsoft technical/sales teams.
- Orchestrates teams to address, using a breadth of technical knowledge to identify a broad set of internal teams in complex or unique customer situations.
- Coordinates with internal teams to establish accountabilities to drive customer outcomes.
- Manages a large account portfolio (e.g., $10-20 million) of Microsoft Consulting Services (MCSs) delivery (through Project Managers), and is accountable for Premier/Unified Support contracts (through Technical Account Managers [TAMs]) involving a complex range of offerings, internal teams, and/or customer stakeholders.
- Drives action to expand the portfolio and drives consumption. Propels impact and success of others through contributions to various teams.
- Innovates and implements long-term, strategic plans, in partnership with Sales and other Services personnel, to create new opportunities and sustainable growth for customer accounts across the worldwide account portfolio.
- Supports the closing of deals and contract renewals for highly complex and prominent customer accounts (e.g., tier 1) by negotiating, sharing long-term customer needs with Sales and Account teams, strategizing on upcoming project plans, and cyclical contract scoping.
- Contributes to and influences account planning for portfolio.
- Manages the direction of solution deliveries and influences others to secure resources to deliver on customer contracts.
- Ensures delivery services for customers across the services lifecycle (from development to support) lifecycle, including envisioning, solution development, service delivery planning, cloud consumption and usage, service delivery management, incident management/escalations, and proactive remediation services.
- Leads steering committee meetings with strategic customers to discuss progress toward delivery success.
- Contributes to consumption activities, identifies patterns of consumption gaps, and drives consumption for complex customers (e.g., tier 1) by identifying blockers to consumption goals and enabling customers, through internal teams, to get the full value of their purchases.
- Implements or is accountable for escalation management governance processes. May resolve issues identified and escalated by the project team and/or the customer regarding delivery issues through coordination and influence with senior-level internal and/or customer stakeholders.
- May maintain awareness and stay informed on critical support issues.
- Collaborates with Sales to support contract setup, signature, compliance, and execution from deal approval to invoicing and closure.
- Manages areas of fiscal responsibility within portfolio, staying within budget while driving engagement profitability and risk management.
- Embody our culture and values
Required / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or related field AND 8+ years service delivery and client-facing experience
- OR Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or related field AND 6+ years project management, service delivery and client-facing experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or related field AND 12+ years project management, service delivery and client-facing experience
- OR Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or related field AND 8+ years project management, service delivery and client-facing experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 6+ years account management experience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.