About The Company
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Logistics manager will oversee, material handling, transportation, delivery and return collections. The Logistics manager will prepare worker schedules and ensure distribution, delivery and last mile workers follow safety rules.
- Logistics Management
- Managing day to day operations
- Challenging established processes and implementing new processes to adapt to the fast growth of Jumia Services clients
- Finding creative and innovative ways to offer a better customer experience
- Fully understanding our information system and working with our IT team to roll our new developments
- Working closely with the Jumia Services central team to share and implement global best practices
- Managing relationships with clients and partners (Third party logistics partners)
- Responsible of the logistics P&L
- Responsible to meet the logistics targets and KPIs including quality of customer experience
Required Qualifications & Experience
- A completed master’s degree from an accredited university; Degree in Engineering,
- Operations, Supply Chain or MBA preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- 10 years with 2+ years direct management experience, preferably in a manufacturing,production or distribution environment with a strong focus on logistics or alternatively consulting / banking.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.