There are primarily three different types of Financial Assistance, grants/scholarships, loans, and work. Below is a list of some of the most common awards you may see or hear about at Berea College.
The Berea Student Financial Aid Services Office awards aid to help cover tuition for every student. Another aid is also awarded to help cover meals and housing based on the expected family contribution (EFC).
Scholarships & Grants
Berea College offers a variety of education abroad scholarships and grants that have been made possible by the generous donations of alumni and friends of the college who value international education. Many of these endowed scholarships and grants are administered by the Center for International Education.
Foreign language majors and minors are eligible for funding from the Department of Foreign Languages (see listing below).
Berea College Scholarships
- Center for International Education (CIE) Scholarships:
- Scholarships offered through other Departments:
- Foreign Language Department
- Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Department of Music (Scruggs)
- Art Department (Design for a Summer)
- English, Theatre & Communication (Paul Nelson Power Scholarship Award)
- Sloane Shelton Arts and Humanities Grants