We are a pan-African organization ensuring that palliative care is widely understood, integrated into health systems at all levels and underpinned by evidence in order to reduce pain and suffering across Africa.
- Qualified nurse or social worker with a degree or diploma residing and working in Africa. Other specialties (doctor, clinical officer, etc.) are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Has obtained a place on a diploma palliative care course in an institution in Africa recognised by APCA. You must already have secured acceptance to a program of study to be considered for a scholarship.
- Currently licensed in nursing or social work, where applicable
- Able to obtain full support from your place of work to undertake the course
- Able to serve your institution of work for at least one year after completion of the training
- Able to legibly complete the application
- Willing to provide thank you letter, video testimonial, or Zoom interview with GPIC and APCA in support of future fundraising for the scholarship fund.Please note that preference may be given to applicants who are in their final year of study.
Any recognised institution of higher learning offering palliative care training in Africa. Examples include: Institute of Hospice and Palliative Care in Africa/Hospice Africa Uganda, Mildmay Uganda, Nairobi Hospice, Malawi University, Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology, Kenya Medical Training and University of Cape Town.
Level/Field of study:
All levels of study in palliative care nursing and social work may be considered for scholarships.
Nurses and social workers with a desire to specialise in palliative care.
Scholarship amount and duration may vary according to the course of study but shall not exceed $2,000 USD
Eligible applicants should complete the relevant scholarship application available online at https://www.africanpalliativecare.org/ and submit to the relevant email:
Nurses Scholarships: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Workers Scholarships: email@example.com.
In order to gain access to the scholarship application system, applicants must have applied for and received admission to any of the Institutions offering the course.
The scholarship application deadline is 19th March 2021.
For More Information: